Taking a break from my monster, by starting a cow instead. Here’s the inside mouth, bottom lip, and start of muzzle. Since I’m trying to use up my pink sport weight yarn on inconsequential items, I decided to learn from my past mistake of saggy-mouth-syndrome by making a 2-ply thick inner mouth, which would be tacked onto the mouth top and bottom. It’s definitely a hefty mouth now.
The first two circles I made for the nose were too big and they kept shaping into boobs. So I went with it and made it into a heart. The next two circles were Rnd 1-5: 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, then joined together. Next rounds were no increasing or decreasing, then a slow increase of 2 stitches as I worked my way up toward the eyes. The head is made from 10 stiches of single crochet, then I just worked into that base chain, making an automatic oval.
The horns are Rounds 1-8: 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 14 stitch counts. Then next HDC in next 4 stitches, sc, ss, turn work, sc, HDC in next 4 stitches, sc, ss. So what this does is make one side taller, so it curves the horns when you sew to head.
I gave him a mole like Cindy Crawford’s. Hope it’s still fashionable, although I think the buckteeth ruin it. All that’s left is a tongue and brains (filler to keep the head puffed up).